Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bruuuce

So last week Gordon and I went to see Bruce Springsteen in concert. It was a very tightly planned day. I was in Seattle, flying in to Oakland landing at fourish. Then we needed to go to both a wine reception and a launch party for Apple's Leopard operating system both at my office in Berkeley before heading back to Oakland to the Coliseum to see Bruce.

Things started out really well, as my flight was on time, always a good start. Midway through the flight, some woman ran down the aisle calling out "Who's going to see Bruce?" and high-fiving those of us who admitted to going! The plane arrived safely, and the other Bruce fans and I headed to the Bart shuttle. Apparently we picked up more Bruce fans there, because there was even more talk about the concert on the shuttle. I headed in to Berkeley, and we went up to the wine tasting, bringing with us a 12-year-old petite syrah from Gordon's basement. That was a very popular wine, apparently it had been properly aged. There was lots of good wine, snacks and conversation. At six, the Scholars Workstation started selling copies of the just-released Leopard operating system. It was pretty amazing to see the line of students waiting to buy Leopard! TSW did have a great price, but even so!

We left both parties and took the Bart back to Oakland for the concert. Bruce got started a little late, which kind of worked for us. The concert was great! The Coliseum was packed with a lively crowd and Bruce sounded and looked great. It's hard to believe that he's 58! I must admit to not being overly familiar with all of Bruce's early stuff, sort of pre-dates me I guess, but I knew enough of the music to have a good time. I especially liked the numbers from the Rising. It was also kind of fun to see the guy from the Sopranos on stage. He looked less like a mafia guy with his bandanna. The concert went on for about two and a half hours. All in all, it was great.

No comments:

Gordon & Helen in Crete

Gordon & Helen in Crete