Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not the iPhone

Before we went to Vancouver, I called Verizon to see whether my plan covered calls to Canada, or whether I would have to pay an arm and a leg to talk to the kids. While I was talking to the guy, he mentioned that I was eligible for a new phone. So I said that I would really like an iPhone and so I was going to wait until they're available from Verizon. Of course, he explained to me how Verizon has something better than the iPhone, the LG Dare. So long story short, he talked me into buying the LG Dare, Verizon's fake iPhone. As it turns out, I do like it a lot. I enjoy getting to Facebook and checking my email when I'm on the bus.

One of the reasons they claim it's better than the iPhone is because it's faster, or so they say. So the other day I met my colleague, Michael Quan, on the bus. Michael has an iPhone so we were comparing phones, and we decided to do a speed test from the Bart platform. So we both connected to dslreports.com from our phones, and it turns out, the LG Dare *is* faster than the iPhone! Next time I meet Michael on the bus or Bart, we'll do another test.

No comments:

Gordon & Helen in Crete

Gordon & Helen in Crete